Publications & Press
Publications and Presentations
- Pinto, K., Sorensen, J., Liu, Y., & Hall-Arber, M. (under review). “Broke and Broken”: Stress, Fishery Regulations, and Perceptions of Occupational Safety Among New England Fishermen. Submitted to Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology.
- Hall-Arber, M., Pinto, K., & Backus, A. (2016). Responding to Emergencies at Sea and Communities Under Extreme Stress. MIT: Cambridge, MA.
- Weil, R., Pinto, K., Lincoln, J. M., Hall-Arber, M., Tinc, P., & Sorensen, J. (2016). The use of personal flotation devices in the Northeast lobster fishing industry: An examination of the decision-making process. American Journal of Industrial Medicine.
- Pinto, K., Hakala, L., Parker, M., & Eldredge, S. (2015). Supporting Access to Health Care in MA Commercial Fishing. Poster presented at the 6th Annual Patient Navigator/Community Health Worker Conference, May 19, 2015, Norwood, MA.
- Pinto, K. (2013). Fit & Healthy Pregnancy. Velo Press: Boulder, CO.
- Pinto, K. (2008) Growing Up Young: The Relationship Between Childhood Stress and Coping with Early Puberty. The Journal of Early Adolescence.
- Pinto, K. (2006). Early Developing Girls’ Perceptions of Pubertal Interventions. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Adolescent Medicine, Boston, MA.
- Pinto, K. C. (2004). Intersections of Gender and Age in Health Care: Revising Autonomy and Confidentiality for the Adolescent Girl. Qualitative Health Research, 14(1), 78-99.
- Pinto, K. C. (2004). Early Puberty at School: The Risks and Protections of Fitting In, paper presented at the 2004 American Educational Research Association, San Diego, CA.
- Pinto, K. C. (2002). Response & Responsibility: A Feminist Critique of Adolescent Girls’ Healthcare, paper presented at the 2002 Canadien Bioethics Society, Victoria, British Colombia.
- Pinto, K. C., & Seaton, E. E. (2002). The Relational Body: Feminist Perspectives on Adolescent Pregnancy and Healthcare, paper at the 2002 Harvard University Graduate School of Education Student Research Conference, Cambridge, MA.
- Pinto, K. C. (2002). Feminist Perspectives on Adolescent Girls’ Healthcare, paper presented at the Forum on Gender Across the Disciplines, Cambridge, MA.
- Drago-Severson, E., & Pinto, K. (2009). School Leadership in Support of Teachers’ Learning: The Dramatic Differences That Financial Resources Make. Leadership and Policy in Schools.
- Drago-Severson, E., & Pinto, K. C. (2005). School Leadership for Reducing Teacher Isolation: Drawing from the Well of Human Resources. International Journal of Leadership in Education
- Drago-Severson, E., & Pinto, K. C. (2005). From Barriers to Breakthroughs: Principals Strategies for Overcoming Human Resource Limitations to Support Teachers’ Transformational Learning in the Schoolhouse. Journal of School Leadership.
- Scales, P.C., Foster, K. C., Mannes, M., Horst, M. A., Pinto, K. C., & Rutherford, A. (2005) School-Business Partnerships, Developmental Assets, and Positive Outcomes Among Urban High School Students: A Mixed-Methods Study. Urban Education.
- Weiss, H.B., Mayer, E., Vaughan, P., Hencke, R., Kreider, H. & Pinto, K. (2004). Making It Work: How Low-income Working Mothers Stay Involved in their Children’s Education. American Educational Research Journal.
In the Press
In addition to publishing her research in academic journals, Dr. Pinto’s articles have appeared in Women’s Running and Runners World magazines. Her blog for Competitor Magazine garnered an international following.